- Life Extension Wellness Code™ Advanced Whey Protein Isolate
Supports Strength, Muscle and Energy Production.
- Whey protein can build lean muscle and prevent protein breakdown. Studies suggest whey protein isolate as a useful supplement for muscle recovery and immune regulation for athletes and others. In addition, protein supplementation may help enhance muscle protein anabolism and provide a means of reducing the progressive loss of muscle mass with age. It has also been shown to enhance the production of glutathione, the body' natural antioxidant.
- Long used by athletes to improve strength and exercise performance, creatine is being recognized as more than a muscle-building supplement. Creatine is present in the body. Skeletal muscles, the heart, brain, and other tissues metabolize creatine and use it as a major energy storage form. Creatine boosts levels of ATP in the mitochondria, the cells energy powerhouses.
- While studies have shown that creatine may indeed help build muscle and strength in explosive short duration activities, other research has demonstrated the supplement' role in enhancing healthy muscle mass in aging humans.
- Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid that generates energy and helps increase strength, quicker recovery, and exercise endurance. Blood ammonia concentration increases during endurance exercise and has been proposed as a cause for both peripheral and central fatigue. In trials, glutamine supplementation reduced the accumulation of blood ammonia during prolonged, strenuous exercise in high-level athletes. As an immune booster, glutamine supplementation may prevent the negative effects of strenuous exercise on immune function. Moreover, glutamine supplementation has a protective effect in the DNA fragmentation, mitochondrial membrane depolarization and apoptosis, and in the regulation of the inflammatory process and immune suppression, which are induced by a single session of exercise. Glutamine also plays an important role in maintaining the functional integrity of the gut. As a gut-trophic factor, glutamine improves intestinal function, allowing better absorption of nutrients.
- Wellness Code™ Advanced Whey Protein Isolate contains creatine for optimal assimilation. The whey protein isolate has gone through a cross-flow microfiltration process, which allows the product to retain its important subfractions in natural proportions.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (approx. 23 Grams)
Amount Per Serving ...... % DV
Calories ...... 60
Cholesterol ...... < 5 mg
Sodium ...... 40mg
Potassium ...... 60mg
Total Carbohydrate ...... 1 g
Protein ...... 14g
Calcium ...... 70 mg
Phosphorus ...... 34mg
Magnesium ...... 12mg
L-Glutamine ...... 3g
Creapure® Creatine monohydrate ...... 2g
provon 292 rBST Free whey protein isolate, sunflower oil powder, maltodextrin, Arabic gum, natural vanilla and caramel flavors, soy lecithin, stevia extract, guar gum, xanthan gum, rice starch, modified food starch, monk full extract
Contains milk and soybeans.
Dosage and Use
Mix one (1) level scoop once or twice daily with water, milk or juice (4 to 8 oz) or as recommended aby a healthcare practitioner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.