- Life Extension Vitamin C Powder contains four buffering minerals, in addition to ascorbic acid. When mixed with water, this product produces a reduced-acid solution that is non-irritating to the stomach and intestinal lining. The minerals also make it a more pleasant-tasting and healthful drink. The substances used in this product make it effervesce for a short while when it is mixed with water.
- Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a white, crystalline, water-soluble substance found in citrus fruits. As an antioxidant, vitamin C scavenges free radicals in the body and protects tissues from oxidative stress. Vitamin C also promotes the absorption of iron, while preventing its oxidation. Vitamin C is a vital cofactor to the formation of collagen, the connective tissue that supports arterial walls, skin, bones, and teeth. A major immune-supporting activity of vitamin C is boosting glutathione levels in human lymphocytes, cells that make up about 25% of all white cells in the blood.
- More vitamin C is contained in the adrenal glands than any other organ in the body and is required at higher levels during times of stress. Physical stresses on the body such as ingestion of heavy metals, cigarette smoking, immune impairment, extreme temperatures, and chronic use of certain medications such as aspirin also signal the need for increased intake of vitamin C.
Serving Size 1 rounded teaspoon (approximately 5.4 g)
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)...........4000 mg
Calcium (as calcium carbonate)........145 mg
Magnesium (as magnesium carbonate)......55 mg
Zinc (as zinc gluconate)......2 mg
Potassium (as potassium carbonate)......365 mg
Other Ingredients: none
Dosage and Use
Mix one (1) teaspoon of Buffered Vitamin C Powder into a glass of water.
Wait for the fizz to stop before consuming.
The minerals buffer out the normally acidic vitamin C to make a pleasant tasting drink.
To ensure product consistency store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Consuming high doses of this highly potent product can initially cause diarrhea, especially when taken on an empty stomach. Take with meals starting off low and gradually increasing the dose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.