- Life Extension Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) L-valine, L-leucine, and L-isoleucine enhance protein synthesis in liver cells and muscle cells.
- Because they can be oxidized in the cell' mitochondria, the branched chain amino acids may also provide energy and may serve as fuel sources for skeletal muscles during periods of metabolic stress.
- As a result, BCAAs have been used with success to support liver function. A study in 2008 also showed BCAAs supplementation improved insulin resistance and beta cell function as well as energy metabolism and glucose tolerance in certain people. They are also used by athletes. A current mouse study showed restoring hippocampal BCAA concentrations to normal had the effect of reinstating normal brain function by helping the synapses to function efficiently.
- They are used by body builders to produce an anabolic effect, improve mental and physical performance and repair the microtears that are a normal result of exercise. Branched chain amino acids also reduce perceived exertion and mental fatigue during exercise.
Serving Size 4 capsules
Amount Per Serving
vegetable cellulose (capsule)
Dosage and Use
To be used by adults 18 years and older.
Take four (4) capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Individuals with ALS or disorders impairing the metabolism of branched chain amino acids should not use this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.