- Life Extension BioActive Folate & Vitamin B12 capsules contain the biologically active forms of folate (as 5-methyltetrahydrofolate) and vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin).
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate or 5-MTHF is the metabolically active form of folic acidit is the only form of folate used directly by the body and does not require metabolic conversion or activation. 5-MTHF is seven times more bioavailable than folic acid. 5-MTHF can cross the blood-brain barrier which allows 5-MTHF specifically to benefit the neurological system.
- Methylcobalamin is the bioactive form of B12 that is readily utilized in the body and the central nervous system.
Folate provides the following health benefits:
- Helps promote healthy DNA function
- Maintains already normal homocysteine levels, which is important for heart health
- Promotes healthier skin
- Helps maintain a healthy GI tract
- Is part of a healthy immune system
- Maintains healthy endothelial function
- Improves mild memory loss associated with aging
- Supports brain health and cognition as one ages
- Supports heart health by regenerating the amino acid methionine which helps maintain healthy homocysteine levels
- Supports nervous system function as vitamin B12 and folate together help maintain the integrity of the myelin sheath of nerves
- Helps enhance methylation and promote nerve cell growth, brain health, cognition and metabolism
- Works with folate to maintain the production of red blood cells (erythropoiesis) within normal range
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt).......400 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)......300 mcg
microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable cellulose (capsule)
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.