- Life Extension Bifido GI Balance provides two billion colony-forming units of viable healthy bacteria.
- Probiotics are thought to facilitate healthy GI and perform many other important functions. For example, researchers have discovered that probiotics help decrease nuclear factor kappa B (NFkB), a pro-inflammatory cytokine, and positively modulate cellular signaling pathways.
- Studies have also shown that probiotics can influence healthy gene expression of immune cells in the gut. Properly formulated probiotics provide biologically active materials that can positively influence many aspects of human health.
- 70%-80% of immunoglobulin-producing cells reside in the gut which is populated by nearly 100 trillion microorganisms, many of which are beneficial bacteria. These bacteria are considered a living part of the human organism. With age, we can experience a decline in vital beneficial bacteria and the strength of the immune system. Restoring the gut' friendly bacteria can stimulate and regulate healthy immune function.
- BB536, Bifidobacterium longum, increases the number of healthy bacteria in the colony. An in vivo study demonstrated a significant increase in longevity in mice supplemented with bifidobacteria. BB536; was also found to reduce production of inflammatory cytokines that often accompany seasonal symptom development.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Bifidobacterium longum BB536® (supplying 2,000,000,000 CFU†)....... 25 mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), tapioca starch, ascorbyl palmitate, silica.
*Colony forming units at time of manufacture.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. For optimal potency, refrigerate after opening.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.