- Life Extension Ascorbyl Palmitate (AP) is an ester formed from ascorbic acid and palmitic acid creating a fat-soluble form of vitamin C that can reach tissue areas ascorbic acid cannot.
- This form is synthetic from two compounds; it has been shown to be beneficial for protecting the lipids from peroxidation. The lipophilic AP is able to cross biological barriers and satisfies the tissue demand for ascorbate better than the hydrophilic form. AP should be considered as the preferred form of transport of ascorbate into neural tissues.
- Technically, the ascorbic acid part of ascorbyl palmitate is only 40% of the total weight. Since ascorbyl palmitate and ascorbic acid might work in separate areas of the body, the concentration of ascorbic acid by weight has little relevance to the benefits of ascorbyl palmitate, so it has not been included in the product contents description.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (from 500 mg ascorbyl palmitate).......200 mg
vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.