- Life Extension Acetyl-L-carnitine is the acetylated ester of the amino acid L-carnitine.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine is an endogenous mitochondrial membrane compound that helps maintain mitochondrial bioenergetics and lowers the increased oxidative stress associated with aging. Acetyl-L-carnitine and L-carnitine are absorbed into the bloodstream efficiently. Both are effective at carrying long-chain fatty acids across the membrane into the mitochondria where they are burned for energy production and utilized efficiently by the cells. Acetyl-L-carnitine also crosses the blood-brain barrier and guards against oxidative damage. Amyloid-beta peptide is a principal component of plaques and is thought to be a contributor to the aging process. Acetyl-L-carnitine exerts protective effects against such neurotoxicity and oxidative stress.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and may have potential in exerting unique neuroprotective, neuromodulatory and neurotrophic properties. ALC may support youthful memory function, improve mitochondrial structure and function, inhibit age-related oxidative damage, and restore the activity of key enzymes.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate)......4 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (from acetyl-L-carnitine hydrochloride)......500mg
vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, silica.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule two to four times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
This product is best utilized when taken on an empty stomach with water or juice in divided doses 45 minutes before breakfast and lunch.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.