- Kirkman Zinc Picolinate 25 mg supports the immune system and many other bodily processes. Zinc picolinate has excellent absorption qualities. Hypoallergenic. Gluten and casein free. Capsules are plant based. Ultra Tested.
- Zinc is present in every cell in the body and is also a component of over 200 enzymes and involved in more enzymatic reactions than any other mineral constituent in mammals. Zinc is essential for normal skin, vision, smell, taste, reproduction, brain development, protein synthesis and wound healing. It is also one of the most important factors in a healthy immune system. Zinc is involved in just about every aspect of the immune system, including the immune system enhancing cells that are necessary for immune system response.
- Zinc levels in the body may be lowered for many reasons including the following: occasional diarrhea; fiber consumption, which causes zinc excretion through the intestinal tract; perspiration; high calcium and iron consumption; copper ingestion.
- Children and adults need between 10 mg and 50 mg daily.
- Though the recommended daily value is 15 mg, it is generally recognized that 30% to 50% of ingested zinc is not absorbed due to complexing with phytic acid, perspiration loss, fiber transport through the intestines or because of the competition for absorption with copper, iron and calcium.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving ... %Daily Value
Zinc (from Zinc Picolinate) ... 25 mg ... 227%
Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetarian Capsule (hypromellose and water), L-Leucine.
Free of milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat or soy.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool dry place and tightly capped.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.