- Kirkman Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg is a powerful and versatile nutrient with antioxidant activity that helps protect the body against free radical damage and, as a result, is a protector of many types of cells and tissues. It also helps increase glutathione production, which supports detoxification processes in the body.
- It is a nutrient with unique antioxidant activity in that it is both fat- and water-soluble. Other well-known nutrients with antioxidant activity can only function within their soluble media. Because of its dual solubility, alpha lipoic acid can function in both fatty and aqueous parts of a cell and is capable of defending against a wide variety of invading free radicals.
- Alpha lipoic acid can enter all parts of a nerve cell and also cross the blood-brain barrier and protect cells. Alpha lipoic acid is found naturally in foods such as spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, liver, heart and animal muscle tissue.
- Its bioavailability from food may be limited, however, because it is bound to a protein called “lipoyllysine.” Preliminary research suggests that the alpha lipoic acid found in supplements may be more biologically active than when bound to this protein in food.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Each Serving Contains ... Amount per Serving ... %Daily Value
Alpha Lipoic Acid ... 100 mg ... **
** Daily Value not established
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (hypromellose and water), silicon dioxide
Free of milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat or soy
Take one capsule daily or as directed by a physician.
Store in a cool dry place and tightly capped. Keep out of the reach of children. Capsules may be pulled apart and the contents mixed with food or beverages.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.