- Karuna Health HCl-Pepsin supports optimal gastric function.
- Secretion of hydrochloric acid diminishes with age, and older adults have low stomach acid.
- Hypochlorhydria and achlorhydria are associated with faulty digestion, impaired absorption of several vitamins and minerals.
- Excessive absorption of food antigens, and disruptions of intestinal pH that unfavorably impact populations of gut flora.
- HCl-Pepsin provides betaine and glutamic hydrochloride which release hydrochloric acid at a rate which approximates that of normal physiological secretion.
One or more capsules, taken with meals, or as directed. Warning: patients with active peptic ulcer should use HCl products with caution.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
Amount Per Serving
Betaine HCl (gastric phase) ... 550 mg
Pepsin (1:3000) (gastric phase) ... 175 mg
Glutamic Acid HCl (gastric phase) from BSE-free freeze-dried source ...100 mg
† Based on 2000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I love HCI-Pepsin, the product is excellent! The product does exactly what it is described to do.
I like that this is mixed with Pepsin. It's easy on the stomach and gives me great results.