- Karuna Health B-12 Liquid is an essential nutrient, but one that is eventually depleted if dietary sources are inadequate or absorption mechanisms are compromised.
- B12 deficiency is especially common in the elderly, Alzheimer's disease patients, vegetarians, and as the result of a variety of malabsorption syndromes, including those caused by the use of acid-blocking medications.
- Symptoms of deficiency include anemia, fatigue, nerve damage,cognitive dysfunction, and mood changes.
- Oral B12 therapy is as effective as injections as long as sufficient amounts are taken. Karuna's B-12 Liquid is a high-potency formulation using methylcobalamin, preferred by many over cyanocobalamin.
- Vitamin B12 absorption decreases with age due to reduced production of hydrochloric acid, digestive enzymes, and/or intrinsic factor, and as a consequence of infection withHelicobacter pylori.
One-half to one dropper daily (approximately 521-1041 mcg), preferably with a meal, or as directed. Hold the solution under the tongue for a few moments before swallowing.
Serving Size: 1 Dropper
Servings Per Container: 84
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) ... 1041 mcg
USP purified water, alcohol 25%, vegetable glycerin, natural strawberry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, citric acid
† Based on 2000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.