- Predominant in woodlands throughout the world, Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) is one of the best-documented mushrooms in scientific research. With a wide spectrum of beneficial properties, Turkey Tail shows much promise in supporting the immune system with its protein-bound and unique polysaccharides.*
- Host Defense® Turkey Tail Powder is activated, freeze-dried, Certified Organic mushroom mycelium, with a full spectrum of constituents: polysaccharides (beta glucans, arabinoxylane, fucose, glucose, xylose, galactose and mannose), glycoproteins, ergosterols, triterpenoids and other myco-nutrients, which are essential for Supporting Natural Immunity and the natural microbiome.*
Serving Size: 0.5 Teaspoon
Amount Per Serving ... % DV
Calories ... 5
Total Carbohydrate ... 1 g ... <1%*
Vitamin D ... 2 mcg ... 10%
Turkey Tail ... 1.5 g ... *
(Trametes versicolor) mycelium ‡
polysaccharides 825 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calories diet
†Daily value not established ‡Certified Organic
dried myceliated brown rice ‡
Adults take ½ teaspoon 1-3 times per day, which can be mixed into your favorite food or beverage.
- Made from freeze-dried activated mushroom mycelium
- Turkey Tail is an excellent source of cellular nutrients*
- In a recent clinical study funded by the National Institutes of Health, Host Defense’s Turkey Tail was shown to be immunologically active*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I purchased these products as an immune boosting supplement. I appreciate that they are produced organically. We have not had any illness in the house and while it cannot be guaranteed that these products aided in keeping us healthy, our research indicates that mushrooms can serve as a strong immune support supplement and we are pleased with the quality of these products. Yes, we will order them again as the budget allows.