- Genestra Macular Support promotes eye health using a unique combination of macular pigments and herbal extracts.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are naturally-occurring carotenoid pigments that are highly concentrated within the macula.
- Optimal macular lutein concentrations may help to protect against oxidative stress associated with regular sunlight exposure.
- In two recent placebo-controlled clinical trials, daily supplementation with 10 mg of lutein for 48 weeks supported a healthy macular pigment optical density in older participants.
- Ginkgo biloba extracts may provide support for healthy ocular blood flow, and the anthocyanin compounds present in bilberry extracts may help to promote visual acuity.
- Supports optimal macular pigment thickness.
- May help to promote visual function and ocular blood flow.
- Provides naturally-occurring macular pigments: 10 mg of lutein and 1.47 mg of zeaxanthin.
- Also includes extracts from bilberry and ginkgo.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings per Container 60
Each Capsule Contains % DV
Vitamin A ... 787 IU 16%
Bilberry (Va«inium myrtillus) Fruit
Extract (4:1) 200 mg Fresh Fruit Equivalent ... 50 mg *
Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) Leaf Std. Extract
(24% Flavone Glycosides; 6% Terpene Lactones) ... 50 mg *
Lutein (from Tagetes erecta flower) ... 10 mg *
Zeaxanthin (from Tagetes erecta flower/
Lyceum chinensis berry) ... 2 mg
Natural Mixed Carotenoids
(from Dunaliella salina algae) .... 500 mcg *
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
Hypromellose, silica, magnesium stearate.
Recommended Adult Dose:
Take one capsule daily with a meal or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking health products that affect blood coagulation, do not use. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, yeast, gluten, sugar, artificial coloring or flavoring, dairy or animal products. Ideal for vegans.
The capsules are made from 100% pure vegetable sources, free of preservatives and additives.
Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Just finished up my two month supply of this supplement. It was recommended to me by a friend who said I need to give it 3 - 6 months to notice an improvement in my eyesight. I haven't experienced any noticeable improvement yet, but will give it another 3 - 4 months before I can come to a conclusion.