- Genestra Black currant oil is a natural source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Linoleic Acid (LA) accounts for approximately 12% of fatty acids in the skin, and helps maintain the integrity of the epidermal barrier.
- EFAs help maintain moisture in the eyes and skin, and omega-6 supplementation may play a role in mediating collagen production in the skin.
- In a recent study of 40 healthy adults, supplementation with 2 g of blackcurrant seed oil for three months supported skin health and moisture levels in forearm and cheek skin.
- Provides 860 mg of LA and 340 mg of GLA per daily dose.
- Includes 260 mg of ALA per daily dose.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings per Container 90
Each Capsule Contains % DV
Calories ... 10
Calories from Fat ... 10
Total Fat ... 1 g 2%*
Black Currant (Ribes nigrum) Seed Oil ... 1000 mg *
GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid) ... 170 mg *
ALA (Alpha-Linoleic Acid) ... 130 mg *
LA (Linoleic Acid) ... 430 mg *
OA (Oleic Acid) ... 90 mg *
PA (Palmitic Acid) ... 24 mg
♦Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value not established.
Gelatin, glycerin, purified water.
Recommended Adult Dose:
Take two capsules two times daily, away from meals, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Risk Information: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not use. If you have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, starch, yeast, gluten, corn, soy, sodium, sugar, artificial coloring or flavoring, antimicrobial preservatives or dairy products.
Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.