- Genestra Primrose oil is derived from evening primrose, a yellow flowering herb native to the Americas. It is a source of omega-6 fatty acids, including gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linolenic acid (LA), that helps to maintain optimal skin health.
- LA accounts for approximately 12% of fatty acids in the skin, and helps maintain the integrity of the epidermal barrier.
- Omega-6 fatty acids promote epithelial cell function and support moisture levels in the skin and eyes.
- In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial, daily supplementation with evening primrose oil for three months promoted skin firmness and elasticity in adults. Recent research indicates that the skin benefits from evening primrose oil supplementation may take over four weeks to develop, as skin cells must regenerate.
- Provides 1,920 mg of LA and 260 mg of GLA per daily dose.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings per Container 90
Each Capsule Contains % DV
Calories ... 15
Calories from Fat ... 10
Total Fat ... 1.5 g 2%*
Polyunsaturated Fat ... 1 g *
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Seed Oil ... 1300 mg *
GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid) ... 130 mg *
LA (Linoleic Acid) ... 960 mg *
OA (Oleic Acid) ... 70 mg *
PA (Palmitic Acid) ... 78 mg
♦Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value not established.
Bovine gelatin, glycerin, purified water, d-alpha tocopherol.
Recommended Adult Dose:
Take one capsule two times daily with meals or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, starch, yeast, gluten, corn, sodium, sugar, artificial coloring or flavoring, antimicrobial preservatives or dairy products.
Safety sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Large but easy to swallow and no taste! I really like these!
Love it works great