- Genestra Brands Betaine HCl includes 1500 mg of betaine hydrochloride per serving, to help promote an optimal stomach pH and to support protein digestion.
- One of the stomach' primary functions is the secretion of hydrochloric acid (HCl). HCl improves protein digestion and the absorption of several nutrients, including iron, calcium and vitamin B12.
- The median daily pH level of the stomach is approximately 1.4, slightly above the 0.8 pH level of secreted stomach acid.
- Betaine is a naturally occurring component of foods such as beets, spinach, and whole wheat.
- Betaine HCl is commonly used to supplement gastric acid levels: in a recent clinical study, a single 1500 mg serving of betaine HCl was effective in supporting an optimal stomach pH in healthy participants. Within 30 minutes of ingestion of the betaine HCl supplement, participant mean stomach pH was significantly reduced.
- Ideal for Vegans - Convenient Vegetable Capsules.
Serving Size 2 Capsule
Servings per Container 90
Each Capsule Contains
Betaine Hydrochloride ... 500 mg*
Daily Value not established
Hypromellose, cellulose, magnesium stearate.
Recommended Adult Dose:
Take one to two capsules with a meal or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, starch, yeast, gluten, corn, soy, sodium, sugar, artificial coloring or flavoring, antimicrobial preservatives, dairy or animal products. Ideal for vegans.
The capsules are made from 100% pure vegetable sources, free of preservatives and additives. Quality Assurance: Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Great supplement to help with acid reflux.
Love their products. Order a lot from them. I have never had any problems.