- Dr. Mercola Fermented Broccoli Sprouts support for your body’s detoxification processes and cellular health, courtesy of a phytochemical named sulforaphane.
- But to receive optimal benefits from this key compound, you’d have to eat about two pounds of broccoli a week!
- In order to obtain sulforaphane, a compound found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli called glucoraphanin must first be transformed by the enzyme myrosinase.
- Common food handling practices and cooking destroys the enzyme myrosinase in broccoli. Yet the conversion to sulforaphane can still occur in the absence of myrosinase if you have healthy gut flora.
- Many individuals have less-than-optimal gut flora, so that can impact their potential benefits, if they receive any, from broccoli and other cruciferous foods.
Serving Size: ...1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: ...30
Amount Per Serving ...%...DV
Organic Fermented ...400 mg*
Broccoli Sprout Powder
Organic Broccoli ....100 mg*
(Whole Plant) Powder
Sulforaphane ...140 mcg*
Glucoraphanin ...350 mcg*
Myrosinase ...105 mcg *
Organic Rice Hull Concentrate, Capsule (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose).
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
† Based on 2000 calorie diet.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.