- Dr. Mercola Astaxanthin, even some of the more potent ones, are unable to cross both your blood-brain and blood-retinal barriers to reach your brain, nervous system, and eyes.
- Astaxanthin is different. It has the rare ability to cross these protective barriers to help protect your brain and eye tissue from free radicals and other substances that can cause oxidative damage, inflammation, and faster cellular aging.
- That’s not all that makes astaxanthin stand apart from other antioxidants.
- Because astaxanthin can reach just about every cell in your body, it offers astounding potential for many functions, including cellular energy production, cognitive and psychomotor function, eye and skin health, immune function, and cardiovascular health as well.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Organic Astaxanthin ... 4 mg ... *
(from Haematococcus pluvialis) Extract
*Daily Value not established.
Capsule (fish, gelatin), organic olive oil, organic rosemary leaf extract
Contains fish (tilapia).
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
† Based on 2000 calorie diet.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I have taken this supplement for years and attribute my annual excellent checkup to this. I will continue to take this product.