- Douglas Laboratories Beni Koji RYR is rice fermented by red yeast, called Monascus purpureus, to help support healthy blood lipid levels.
- Red Yeast Rice, Monascus purpureus, has been used as a supplement in Asia for more than 1,000 years. Clinically used for supporting healthy blood cholesterol, lipid levels and blood circulation.
- Red yeast is the product of rice fermented with Monascus purpureus yeast. Red yeast rice supplements are manufactured by culturing M. purpureus on rice at carefully-controlled temperature and growing conditions to increase the concentration of mevinic acids.
- Red yeast contains ten mevinic acids, also known as monacolins. Red yeast also contains sterols, including beta-sitosterol, campesterol, stigmasterol, and sapogenin; isoflavones and isoflavone glycosides; and monounsaturated fatty acids, all beneficial to cardiovascular health.
- Studies have demonstrated that red yeast rice provides support of healthy lipid levels.
Serving Size 2 Capsules
Amount Per Serving ..... %DV
Organic Red Yeast Rice........1,000 mg
*Daily Value not established.
Gelatin (capsule), cellulose and vegetable stearate.
Adults take two capsules twice daily with food or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Pregnant and lactating woman should avoid this product. Do not take this product if you are allergic to yeast or rice, are taking drugs that inhibit HMG-CoA reductase, or have liver disease or organ transplant.
Since red yeast rice can contain monacolin constituents, red yeast has the potential to cause elevated liver enzymes and myopathy.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Everything was to my expectations!
I had my annual physical in December. Great report from the doctor
I like the product. Bought 4 bottles. Need to lower my cholesterol. Thanks
Prompt, accurate order fulfillment.
My husband has been taking this for the last 3 months and his cholesterol has gone down from 228 to 208.I am going to start taking it also.