- Boiron Homeopathics Chestal Kid's Cough Honey formerly Chestal Children's Cough Honey combines homeopathic medicines that traditionally treat different types of coughs with the goodness of real honey to soothe the throat.
- This multi-symptom cough syrup loosens chest congestion with no worry of interaction with other medications. It’s recommended for children ages 2 and up.
Benefits and Features:
- Relieves coughs due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold:
- productive/wet, dry, barking, croupy and night coughs.
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive.
- Sweet-tasting filtered honey thins mucus to help dry, fitful coughs that prevent sleep.
- Won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
- Dye-free, 99.9% alcohol-free, and non-habit forming.
- Available over the counter in a 6.7 fl. oz. recyclable glass bottle with a dosage cup for 40 doses.
Antimonium tartaricum ... 6C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Helps loosen thick mucus (contains less than 10-11 mg antimony)
Bryonia ... 3C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves dry and painful cough
Coccus cacti ... 3C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves cough associated with a tickling in the throat
Drosera ... 3C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves barking cough worse at night
Ipecacuanha 3C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves cough associated with nausea (contains less than 10-6mg emetine alkaloids)
Pulsatilla ... 6C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves wet cough during the day becoming dry at night
Rumex crispus ... 6C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves dry cough triggered by cold air (contains less than 10-13 mg anthraquinone glycosides)
Spongia tosta ... 3C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves dry, croupy, and barking cough
Sticta pulmonaria ... 3C HPUS (12.4 mg)
Relieves nighttime hacking cough
The letters ''HPUS'' indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Alcohol, citric acid, honey, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose
Children 2 to 11 years of age: Take 5 mL‡ every 2 hours, up to 5 times per day.
Children under 2 years of age: Not recommended
‡Use only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products.
Do not use if your child is allergic to any of this product's ingredients.
Ask a doctor before use if your child has persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma. Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or a persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition. Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use if glued carton end flaps are open or if the seal at base of cap is broken or missing. Contains 4 g of sugar per 5 mL . Contains 0.00007% alcohol. Dispose of 1 year after opening. Do not store above 77°F (25°C)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.