- Bioclinic Naturals Vitamin D3 5000 IU, Vitamin D is a hormone now widely recognized to be important to many body systems and a large number of physiological processes, and it may also be one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in the world.
- Vitamin D is needed for intestinal calcium absorption, skeletal bone integrity as well as skeletal muscle strength and function, and has been associated with overall physical fitness. It is critical for healthy immune function, and may reduce the risk of infection, especially respiratory tract infections. Essentially every tissue in the body has a vitamin D receptor, making it hard to overestimate its importance.
- Many practitioners recommend supplementation to achieve blood levels of 25-OH-vitamin D between 50-80 nmol/L, with doses of 5000-10, 000 IU sometimes necessary to correct a deficiency. Additionally, those with common genetic variants in vitamin D metabolism may require high doses for optimal effects.
- 5000 IU vitamin D per softgel allows for easy dosing to correct a deficiency, and for individuals with increased vitamin D requirements.
- In a base of organic flaxseed oil and medium chain triglycerides for improved intestinal absorption.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) likely more effective at restoring blood levels than D2 form (ergocalciferol).
- Easy to swallow and highly-bioavailable softgel.
1 softgel per day, or as directed by a health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Amount Per Serving:
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) ... 5000IU ... 1250%
Organic Flaxseed Oil ... 200mg ... **
Softgel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, purified water)
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no corn, dairy, gluten, starch, wheat or yeast.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.