- Bioclinic Naturals R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and mitochondrial nutrient.
- The R-isomer of ALA is a cofactor for mitochondrial enzymes and a substrate for glutathione reductase, it participates in the citric acid cycle and ATP production, and recycles other antioxidants, including vitamins C, E, CoQ10, and glutathione.
- R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid provides only the R-isomer, which increased plasma levels nearly 1.5 times higher in older populations than the commonly used racemic mixture (combined R- and S-isomers).
- ALA has also accelerates wound healing when combined with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, particularly the R-isomer.
- The R-isomer has a greater neuroprotective effect in an in vivo model of brain vascular injury, due to the S-isomers negative influence or lack of biological activity.
- ALA improved glycemic control and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetics, with clear benefit for the prevention and treatment of peripheral neuropathy.
- It improved endothelial function among individuals with impaired glucose tolerance, and increased weight loss among obese individuals.
- The R-isomer was significantly more effective than the S-isomer at improving insulin-stimulated glucose transport and metabolism in insulin resistant animal models.
- R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid provides only the naturally occurring R-isomer, the only form utilized by mitochondrial enzymes, and only one synthesized in humans.
- R-isomer has greater biological activity than the racemic mixture often used in supplements, a combination of the R- and S-isomers.
- R-isomer supplementation results in higher total plasma levels, as well as a shorter time to reach maximum levels in older individuals compared to racemic mixture.
- ALA neutralizes reactive oxygen species and is a potent inducer of phase 2 antioxidant enzymes.
- Enhances mitochondrial function and supports glutathione synthesis.
Take 1 capsule 2 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
Servings Per Container: 60
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid ... 100mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate, silica.
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no corn, dairy, gluten, soy, starch, wheat or yeast.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.