- Bioclinic Naturals Probiotic-Pro12, the microbial ecosystem in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract has emerged as a virtual organ system, with growing recognition of its diverse significance in both health maintenance and disease prevention.
- GI microbiota play a critical role in maintaining homeostasis of the innate and cell-mediated immune system and enhance intestinal barrier function through a number of mechanisms, including toxin metabolism, tight junction protein phosphorylation and inflammation reduction.
- Research has clearlyshown the importance of intestinal bacteria not just for maintaining optimal gastrointestinal health, but also for chronic and systemic health conditions such as Type 2 diabetes, obesity and other inflammatory or autoimmune diseases.
- Probiotics have multifactorial benefits, by modulating gut immune responses and intestinal barrier functions in a strain and dose-dependent manner.
- Additionally, mixtures of probiotics appear to have greater efficacy than single strains, perhaps because of synergistic activity or because individuals react differently to various strains.
- Probiotic-Pro12 contains 12 bacterial species, each chosen because they can withstand both gastric acid and high bile concentrations, and for their proven benefit in clinical research, mediated via individual mechanisms of action.
1 capsule 3 times per day on a full stomach or as directed by a health care professional. Children can take at half adult dose if able to swallow capsules or simply open the capsule contents and sprinkle onto food or mix with juice, smoothie or other liquids.
Servings Per Container: 60
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Proprietary Probiotic Blend ... 12 billion CFU
Lactobacillus casei ... 3 billion CFU
Lactobacillus rhamnosus ... 1.4 billion CFU
Lactobacillus acidophilus ... 1.2 billion CFU
Lactobacillus plantarum ... 1.2 billion CFU
Lactobacillus rhamnosus (bifidus) ... 1.2 billion CFU
Bifidobacterium breve ... 1.2 billion CFU
Bifidobacterium longum ... 1.2 billion CFU
Bifidobacterium bifidum ... 0.6 billion CFU
Lactobacillus lactis ... 0.6 billion CFU
Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus ... 0.1 billion CFU
Lactobacillus helveticus ... 0.1 billion CFU
Lactobacillus salivarius ... 0.12 billion CFU
FOS inulin (Fructooligosaccharides: naturally occurring complex fructose molecules derived from chicory root), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), magnesium stearate (vegetable grade), ascorbic acid.
Contains soy and milk. CFU: colony forming units.
Guaranteed minimum 18 billion active cells at manufacturing date.
Guaranteed minimum 12 billion active cells per capsule at expiry date.Requires refrigeration for maximum potency.
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no corn, gluten, starch or wheat.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.