- Bioclinic Naturals PGX Daily Granules, PGX (PolyGlycopleX) granules are an unsweetened highly viscous combination of well purified water-soluble polysaccharides derived from konjac root, sodium alginate, and xantham gum.
- Viscous fibers have been shown to reduce postprandial glucose concentrations and lower total and LDL-cholesterol, primarily by forming a gel matrix which slows gastric emptying.
- These viscous granules also trap ingested carbohydrates and lipids inside the gel matrix, decreasing the transport as well as the uptake of glucose and cholesterol at absorptive surfaces.
- Clinical trials have shown that in addition to the benefits of glucose and lipid reduction, highly viscous fibers were found to lower insulin secretion and C-peptide in response to carbohydrate meals, and also improve glucose tolerance.
- Viscous fibers effectively reduce the glycemic index of foods consumed simultaneously, by preventing the postprandial spikes in blood glucose concentration.
- 5, 6 Fiber viscosity has also been associated with increased satiety and reduced appetite; in a randomized trial, PGX reduced hunger and prospective consumption when combined with a low calorie diet, and in an earlier trial enhanced weight loss and reduced percent body fat when used in concert with lifestyle changes.
- 7, 8 PGX Daily Granules allow for easy dosing, with 5 g of PGX per scoop, and are unflavored to allow mixing with a variety of beverages and foods.
- Regulates after meal blood glucose levels
- Increases insulin sensitivity for less fat storage
- High viscosity fibre complex
- Sprinkle onto any moist food, low calorie beverage or meal replacement
- Mixes easily in liquids — does not clump
- Unflavoured—does not alter the taste of foods
- Convenient and economical
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories ... 20
Total Carbohydrate ... 5g ... 20%*
Dietary Fiber ... 5g ... 20%*
Soluble Fiber ... 5g ... **
Calcium ... 26mg ... 2%*
Sodium ... 96mg ...4%
PGX ... 5g .. **
(PolyGlycopleX)(Amorphophallus konjac, sodium alginate, xanthan gum)
Highly Purified Fiber Complex Manufactured Using the Proprietary Envirosimplex® Process
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily value not established.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I use the granules in my “keto granola” ( mix of tsp each of several nuts, seeds, cinnamon and bit of liquid stevia, and one scoop of PGX granules, mix thoroughly then add almond milk and stir. I throw blue berries and/raspberries and it is fabulous and filling!
I have been using this product for some time. It’s an excellent source of fibre. I put it in my morning shake. I highly recommend it