- Bioclinic Naturals NAC, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is known to have diverse physiological and therapeutic benefits, attributed largely to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic effects. It is well-accepted to increase the critical intracellular antioxidant glutathione, by supplying a stable form of L-cysteine, the rate-limiting factor for glutathione synthesis.
- The number of conditions with altered glutathione homeostasis continues to grow, including not only cardiovascular, neurodegenerative, pulmonary and age-related diseases, but there is also a growing clinical recognition of metabolic disturbances linked to environmental toxin exposure, such as diabetes and persistent organic pollutants. By restoring glutathione levels, NAC also is well established as the most effective therapy for acetaminophen toxicity.
- Additionally, NAC’s ability to cleave disulfide bonds provides efficacy as a mucolytic agent, with clinical benefit for individuals with COPD and pulmonary fibrosis. Breaking disulfide bonds may also be the same mechanism by which it lowers homocysteine and improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease.
- NAC has immunomodulating and anti-inflammatory effects, improving influenza symptomology and SLE disease activity. By modulating glutamatergic and neurotropic pathways, NAC also has shown benefit for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and autism.
- Supports glutathione synthesis, key cellular antioxidant and conjugator of numerous environmental toxins.
- Improves endothelial function and supports nitric oxide synthesis.
- Provides 500 mg NAC per capsule, allowing for easy and therapeutic dosing levels.
- Stable and well-absorbed form of the easily oxidized amino acid L-cysteine.
- Evidence base for diverse clinical uses.
Take 1 capsule per day or as directed by a health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving
NAC ... 500mg
Rice starch, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), magnesium stearate (vegetable grade)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Doing my best to keep myself healthy. Trust your products
Works great. No complaints
Helps my congestion, and relieves my allergy symptoms.