- Progressive Laboratories E-Toco is a High Potency Vitamin E Supplement.
- There are eight different forms of vitamin E. The four tocopherols (alpha-, beta-, gamma- and delta-tocopherol) share a saturated phytyl side chain.
- The four analogous tocotrienols have a triple-unsaturated side chain.
- The unsaturated bonds on the side chain give the tocotrienols greater antioxidant activity and a different biologic action. When those bonds become saturated, the molecule becomes a tocopherol. Reports from laboratory studies indicate a 40-60 times higher antioxidant activity against lipid peroxidation with d-alpha-tocotrienol than with d-alpha-tocopherol and 6.5 times more protection of cytochrome P-450 against oxidative damage. Cytochrome P-450 is present in most tissues and serves as an oxygenating catalyst in a variety of reactions.
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol) ... 100 IU ... 333%
Gamma Tocotrienols ... 25 mg ... †
Alpha Tocotrienols ... 14 mg ... †
Delta Tocotrienols ... 7 mg ... †
Beta Tocotrienols ... 2 mg ... †
Gelatin (Capsule), Glycerin, Purified Water.
Take one softgel capsule once or twice daily, or more, as directed by a health care professional.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.