- Kirkman Folinic Acid with B-12 Capsules can mask a lack of vitamin B-12 in the body. Folinic acid (a.k.a. 5-formyl tetrahydrofolate) is one of the forms of folate, a water soluble B vitamin that occurs naturally in foods.
- Having enough folate in the body is a common problem due to food processing, food selection and gastrointestinal system problems.
- Biochemically in the body, folinic acid supports cellular perception and response, methylation processes and many enzymatic reactions. It is also linked to lower homocysteine levels, which support cardiovascular health.
- Folinic acid in the body can be converted into any of the other active forms of folate. Folic acid, the synthetic form of folinic acid, goes through a complicated biochemical process to be active in the body. Folinic acid is more readily bioavailable than folic acid; therefore, some individuals may respond better to it.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving ... %Daily Value
Folate ... 667 mcg DFE ... 167%
(as Calcium Folinate) 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) ... 6 mcg ... 250%
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetarian Capsule (hypromellose and water).
Free of milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat or soy.
Store in a cool dry place and tightly capped. Keep out of the reach of children.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.