- Includes ascorbyl palmitate, a lipid-soluble form of vitamin C
- Buffered with zinc ascorbate for individuals sensitive to ascorbic acid
- Provides a dietary antioxidant that moderates the effects of oxidative stress on normal physiological functions*
- Helps to maintain immune and vascular function*
- Offers 600 mg of vitamin C and 60 mg of citrus bioflavonoids per day
- Provides 24.9 mg zinc, 24.9 mg magnesium and 37.5 mg potassium per day
- Ascorbyl-C + Bioflavonoids offers an excellent source of vitamin C in both lipid- and water-soluble forms, plus minerals and citrus bioflavonoids.
- Vitamin C is one of the most important dietary antioxidants and helps to reduce free radical damage in body tissues.
- Although normally only water-soluble, this formula provides vitamin C from ascorbyl palmitate, a bioavailable lipid-soluble form shown in preclinical research to cross the blood-brain barrier and scavenge free radicals in the brain. Zinc ascorbate is also included to buffer vitamin C. As this neutral pHform of vitamin C is gentler on the stomach, it may reduce the potential gastric irritation associated with ascorbic acid, making it ideal for sensitive individuals.
- Along with vitamin C, zinc helps to maintain immune function, and is especially important for T cell function, macrophage development, natural killer cell activity and cytokine production. Potassium plays a vital role in vascular function, and helps to maintain electrolyte balance with magnesium.
- As many adults do not consume the recommended level of vitamin C or these essential minerals,Ascorbyl-C + Bioflavonoids contributes to their recommended dietary intakes.
- Citrus bioflavonoids are included to provide additional antioxidants, and have been shown in preclinical studies to increase the bioavailability of vitamin C.‡
AMOUNT PER SERVING ......% DV
Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate/zinc ascorbate)...... 200 mg ......222%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)...... 8.3 mg ......2%
Zinc (as zinc ascorbate) ......8.3 mg ......75%
Potassium (as potassium citrate monohydrate) ......12.5 mg ......<1%
(from lemon/orange/tangerine/grapefruit/lime fruit) ......20 mg ......*
* Daily Value (DV) not established
Other ingredients: Hypromellose
Take 1 capsule 3 times daily with meals or as recommended by your health professional.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.