- Folic Acid supplied by Douglas Laboratories contains the recommended daily dose of 400mcg Folic Acid in one easy to swallow tablet. Folic Acid is indicated for the prevention of serious birth defects in developing fetuses.
- The U.S. Public Health Service has recommended that women of childbearing age take a supplement containing 400 mcg of folic acid every day to reduce the risk of a pregnancy affected by neural tube defects – defects of the brain, spine or spinal cord.
- It is recommended that women start taking folic acid before they become pregnant because neural tube defects usually occur in the first month of pregnancy before a woman even knows that she is pregnant.
- Folic Acid is a water-soluble B vitamin that can be found in leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits and beans. To get 100% of the recommended daily allowance of Folic Acid (400mcg) you can combine both supplements and foods.
- Available in 90ct tablets
Suggested Use: Adults take 1 tablet daily with meals or as directed by physician.
Serving size 1 bisect Tablet
Amount Per Serving......%DV
Folic Acid.............400 mcg........100%
Other Ingredients: Cellulose and vegetable stearate.
This product contains NO yeast, wheat, gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavoring.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Was prescribed by wellness dr. and seems to be working well
Douglas products I use all help me stay healthy.
After more than a month of using several products from Douglas Labs, including Folic Acid, I have not noticed any untoward effects. The process of ordering and delivery of the products was simple and seamless. I recommend products from Douglas Labs without reservations, provided they will be used according to indications and recommendations from qualified health professionals.
Douglas Laboratories Folic Acid
The pill is small enough for easy swallowing. A great addition to your daily supplements. No negative effects!