- Doctor’s Best D-phenylalanine is a non-protein amino acid related to the essential amino acid L-phenylalanine.
- D- and L-phenylalanine are structural mirror images of each other.
- D-phenylalanine is reported to inhibit an enzyme that degrades enkephalins, which are naturally occurring substances in the body that belong to the class of compounds known as "endorphins.
- Non-GMO/ Gluten Free/ Soy Free/ Vegan/ Vegetarian
Take 1 capsules daily on an empty stomach at least 20 minutes before meals‚ or as recommended by a nutritionally informed physician. To ensure optimal phenyl-alanine absorption, avoid taking other amino acid supplements within 2-3 hours of consumption.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving ... % DV
D-Phenylalanine ... 500 mg ... †
†Daily Value not established.
Modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule)‚ cellulose‚ magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Phenylalanine supplements should not be taken by children‚ pregnant, nursing, individuals with phenylketonuria (PKU), high blood pressure‚ taking anti-psychotic medications or MAO inhibitors.Consult your physician before use. Store in a cool, dry place.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.