- D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition Glycoscia is an innovative, one-of-a-kind nutriceutical formula designed by Dr. Peter D'Adamo as an aid to weight loss, the maintenance of blood sugar levels already in the normal range, and the overall enhancement of a healthy metabolism.
- Originally developed for use in his clinic, the key ingredient in Glycoscia is the Ayurvedic herb Salacia reticulata, a traditional herb that has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine, in addition to four other synergistic co-factors.
- Modern research has shown that Salacia plays an important role in supporting natural carbohydrate metabolism. When we consume sugars and starches, a very small amount is broken down by the enzymes in our saliva. However, by far the greater amount is metabolized in the small intestines, where the assimilated sugar can either be utilized immediately for the production of energy, or saved as fat for later use. One of the ways this is controlled is via special hormones within the cell called PPARs (Pee-Pars).
- The best studied of the PPARs is called PPAR-gamma (PPARG). PPARG is a key regulator of fatty acid storage and glucose metabolism; sort of like a traffic policeman, directing vehicles in either of two directions: 'burn carbs' or 'store fat'. Studies have shown that Salacia root exerts a healthful effect on PPARG, helping to maintain and balance its normal, optimal function.
- In addition, in certain individuals, sometimes called 'hyper-assimilators,' a percentage of the undigested carbohydrate from a meal will reach the lower intestine and be broken down into simple sugars, which will then also be assimilated and either stored as fat or burned as energy.
- These individuals are known to have higher levels of a class of enzymes called glycosidases. Salacia has been shown to help insure normal, healthy levels of this enzyme, especially when combined with a sensible diet and exercise program.
- Synergistic Co-Factors
- Resveratrol: Resveratrol, a ployphenolic compound, is found primarily in red wine and red grape skins. In a now-famous recent Harvard study, mice fed resveratrol were reported over time to be thinner and healthier with increased life-spans. Each capsule of Glycoscia supplies a full 50 mg of Resveratrol, providing 50% trans-resveratrol compounds.
- Quercetin: Nature's most important bioflavonoid, Quercetin supports a normal digestive and immune system.
- Red Sage Root: Used traditionally in Chinese medicine, recent research in the West confirms Salvia's importance in supporting healthy cardiovascular and liver function.
- Maitake Mushroom: Adaptogen considered to be "The King of Mushrooms." Research suggests that Maitake appears to maintain blood sugar levels that are already in the normal range.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Salacia oblonga Root Bark ... 300 mg
Red Sage Root(from Salvia miltiorrhiza) ... 75 mg
Quercetin ... 50 mg
Maitake Mushroom(from Grifola frondosa Mycelia) ... 50 mg
Trans-Resveratrol(from Polygonum cuspidatum Root) ... 50 mg
Vegetable Cellulose, Magnesium Citrate, L-Leucine, Silica
(1) One capsule 2 times daily.
This 100% vegetarian product contains no sugar, salt, gluten, wheat, yeast, corn, soy, eggs or dairy, no preservatives, color or flavors, and no artificial ingredients.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.